Some of the advantages and disadvantages of democratic leadership are listed below. So let us find out democratic leadership and its advantages and disadvantages.
- Democratic leadership allows employees to establish goals.
- It also encourages employees to grow on the job and be promoted.
- Democratic leadership is effective where team work is needed
- Subordinates are involved in decision making, it also motivates subordinates
- In this type of leadership it provides opportunites for growth and developement of subordinates
- This style of leadership creates creativity in subordinates
- Democratic leadership is time consuming and can result in indiscipline
- Due to lack of communiation skill , some important suggestions may not get heard in this type of leadership.
- Democratic leadership is not effective in case of uneducated or unskilled worker
- The leader depends on the knowledge of the followers
- Collaboration takes time in democratic leadership