Some of the advantages and disadvantages of autocratic leadership are given below. So let us check out autocratic leadership and its advantages and disadvantages.
- Autocratic style of leadership provides quick decision making
- Less competent subordinates are required in autocratic leadership
- Autocratic leadership provides strong motivation as well as reward to a manager excercising this style of leadership
- Streamlined work process, Absolute control, Focused targets, close supervision and order & discipline is maintained in autocratic leadership.
- In autocratic leadership employees have clear direction.
- Subordinates are focused to follow the directions in autocratic leadership
- Creative ideas are not utilized in autocratic leadership
- In autocratic leadership subordinates are not informed about why they are asked to do a particular work
- Autocratic styple does not motivates employees
- Employees work by fear of punishment in this type of leadership