Chromatography is simple method. Chromatography can be handled by single person.
Other advantages are, Chromatography is used to separate components from complex mixture.
Different types of chromatography equipment are available for separation of different compounds.
Some of them are Gas Chromatography, Liquid Chromatography, Solid Chromatography, High performance liquid Chromatography, Solid liquid Chromatography, Liquid liquid Chromatography, Thin layer Chromatography. This method gives accurate results.
Small quantity of sample can be detected by this chromatography. Quick and accurate results are possible.
Some disadvantages are: Trained person is required to operate this chromatography instrument or equipment.
Chromatography equipment are costly.
Chromatography equipment should be handled with care as it parts are sensitive and costly.
- It is a fast analysis method
- Even from trace compounds exact quantitative analysis is done
- Small material consumption
- It eliminates disturbing effect of matrix compound
- Well established instrumentation with high level automation is available commercially
- It can separate complex mixture with great precision
- Can purify basically any volatile or soluble substance
- Analysis of several compound can be done in one run
- The quantization has has a broad linearity range
- Equipments are expensive
- Expert is needed to handle the equipment
- Handle with care