Some of the Advantages and Disadvantages of Biomass are discussed below. So let us check it out some of the advantages and disadvantages to know more about biomass.
Some Advantages of Biomass are:
- Biomass energy is abundant and renewable source of energy.
- Biomass is obtained from plants , animals waste and waste products of orgainc matter.
- No pollution is caused by using biomass energy.
- Carbon dioxide is producted when biomass fuel is used , which is taken up by plants.
- Producion cost of biomass is less compared to other source of energy. Hence it is cheaper and reliable source of energy.
- Growing biomass crops gives us oxygen and use up the carbon dioxide.
- More heat is produced from biomass compared to heat produced from wood.
Some Disadvantages of Biomass are:
- More space is required for construction of biomass plant.
- Initial cost for construcion of biomass plant is more.
- Dirty smell is produced in the surrounding areas of biomass planat.
- Continuous supply of organic waste from plants, animals or other organic matter is required to run biomass plant.
- Transportation of biomass gas is difficult through pipes and the storage of biomass gas in cylinders is also not easy.