Some information on protection of crops from pests are discussed below. Also check out information on advantages and disadvantages to know more about pesticides.
Pesticides is sprayed on crops to protect them from harmful pests.
- Farmers generally uses pesticides to keep the plants free from pests and disease, they uses pesticides such as herbicides, insecticides, fungicides etc., for the crop protection.
- Pesticides protects crops from insects, fungi and weeds and maintains the quality of the crops.
- Pesticides increases yields and food supplies.
- Pesticides is sprayed on standing crops in the field which protects them from harmful insects.
- Pesticides can also be used to control household pests such as rodents, insects.