Some Pros and Cons of Star Topology are given below. So let us check it out pros and cons to know more about star topology.
Pros of Star Topology are:
- More number of computers can be added in star topology without any disruption.
- In star topology faults of any parts can be easily detected and can be changed.
- When the cable fails in star topology it will only affect one workstation.
- Compared to bus topology or ring topology, Star topology is easy to expand.
- When there is problem in one node in star topology it won't affect other nodes.
- It is more scalable compared to peer-to-peer network or ring network.
- New nodes can be easily removed or added from the central hub without interrupting other nodes in star topology.
- It is easy to install and maintain.
Cons of Star Topology are:
- Need of more cables to connect networks
- Cost of concentrators or hub is very high in star topology.
- No route abundance in star topology.
- If the hub fails then entire network breaks out.
- Star topology is costlier than other topologies as it requires more network.
Also check out some similar articles on Advantages and Disadvantages of Star Topology to get more information.