The Advantages and disadvantages of Tree topology are as follows. So let us check it out some advantages and disadvantages to know more about tree topology. In tree network or tree topology the structure or many connected elements are arranged like a branch of a tree. Network of tree topology are often used to organize the computer in a corporate network or the information in a database.
Advantages of Tree topology are:
- Tree topology is supported by several hardware and software vendors.
- Point to point wiring for individual segments is possible in tree topology.
- In tree topology all the compu.ters can have access to their immediate networks.
- If one segment is damaged in tree topology then other segments are not affected
- Network divided into segments that can be easily maintained.
- Error detection and correction is easy in tree topology.
Disadvantages of Tree topology are:
- In tree topology if the backbone line breaks then the entire segment goes down.
- In tree topology overall length of each segment is limited by the type of cabling used.
- It is more difficult to configure compared to other topologies.
- Heavy traffic affects the network and makes it slow.
- Scalability of the network in tree topology depends on the type of cable used.
Other types of topology can be mesh topology, star topology, bus topology, ring topology, network topology, hybrid topology, point to point topology and fully connected topology.