Some of the Advantages and Disadvantages of road Transport are given below. So let us check it out information one by one.
Some of the Advantages of road transport are :
- In road transport door to door service is possible.
- Road transport is flexible and economical over shorter distance
- Limited capital expenditure in road transportation services.
- Road transport is a flexible mode of transportation because loading and unloading is possible at any destination.
- In hilly areas road transport is best suitable.
- Road transport is relatively cheaper mode of transportation compared to other means.
- In road transport, perishable goods can be transported at a higher speed over a short distance.
- Easy to monitor and track location of goods.
Some of the Disadvantags of Road transport are :
- Road transport is unsuitable for longer distance.
- Transportation of heavy or bulky goods is comparatively costly
- Due to limited carrying capacity it becomes difficult for long distance transport.
- There is no uniformity in rates and limited speed.
- Road transport is affected by weather.
- Road transport is vulnerable to cogestion and traffic delays.
- Rate of road transport is dependent of fuel prices.
- High degree of accidents is seen in road transport.