Some of the Advantages and Disadvantages of Genetically Modified Food are as follows. So let us check it out some information on advantages and disadvantages to know more about genetically modified food.
Some points on advantages of genetically modified food are :
- Genetically modified food increases nutrients, stress tolerance and yield of food.
- It also enhances taste and quality of food.
- Genetically modified food improves resistance to herbicides, disease and pests.
- It also reduces maturation time.
- They are faster and cheaper to grow.
- Genetically modified food takes less time than normal breeding.
- Genetically modified foods may have longer self lives.
- It improves quality of air, protects land and conserve water.
Some points on disadvantages of genetically modified food are :
- New traits in genetically modified food could cause adverse health reactions.
- Sometimes due to cross pollination it may lead to super weeds
- Genetically modified foods may cause harm to other organisms.
- They may also reduce effectiveness of pesticides