The Advantages of FTIR Spectroscopy. Method offers high-speed and sensitivity compared to earlier dispersive methods of IR (Infrared spectral) analysis. These advantages are:
Some of the benefits of FTIR Spectroscopy are as follows:
- Liquids , solids as well as gases can be analysed by FTIR spectroscopy.
- It is the non-destructive method.
- FTIR analysis can be made within seconds , it is faster technique than others.
- Simultaneous analysis is possible of different gaseous compounds.
- No external calibration is required.
- Fellgett advantage
- Jacqionot advantage