Some of the Advantages and Disadvantages of Multimedia are as follows. So let us check it out some information on advantages and disadvantages to know more about multimedia.It is a combination of different types of media which includes text, audio, video, graphics, animation etc.,
Advantages of Multimedia
- Increases learning effectiveness : Multimedia uses images, audio, animations and other media which stimulates the brain and increses learning. Both attention and retention of student increases. Students can identify and solve various problems effectively using multimedia
- More appealing over traditional :Multimedia content is more appealing, more attractive and able to engage more people (Audience or Reader). People prefer multimedia compared to traditional media as it contains rich information.
- Improves personal Communication :Multimedia improves interpersonal communication. Multimedia increases communication efficiency, effectiveness and potention to communicate message or information.
- Reduces training costs :Multimedia reduces the time it takes to learn and thereby it reduces cost. Multimedia can reduce the cost of training department in various ways.
- Easy to use : Multimedia is making easier the things let they can easy understand. Content is easy to draft using different types of multimedia.
- Provides high Quality of Presentations : Multimedia contains interactive videos, audio and other visual content which increases the quality of presentation. Students expect multimedia presentation while learning.
- User Friendly : Multimedia improves user interface and it is easy to use. Information in text, image or audio form can be possible to promote information.
- Give information Cost : Multimedia gives an opportunity to influence the presentation by adding information.
- Give information to individual : Multimedia uses combination of different content and gives rich information to users. It uses infographic or audio and video to give detail information to individual.
- Multi Sensorial : Multimedia is a multiple sensorial media, it makes to inclusion of layered sensory stimulation possible and interaction through various kinds of sensory channels.
- Integrated and Interative :Multimedia is easy to integrate and makes it interactive.
- Entertaining and Educational : Multimedia is not only used just for advertisement but also useful for education is schools as well as for entertainment.
- Creativity : Multimedia creativity is very easy and effective if all kinds of media are integrated with each other.
- Cost Effective : Multimedia is cost effective in online teaching, it reduces cost of training and other extra expenses.
- Wide variety of Support : Through multimedia channels wide variety of support is available.
- Trendy : Modern design and multiple media helps to create trendy multimedia presentations.
Disadvantages of Multimedia
- Misuse of Multimedia : It becomes difficult for teachers to monitor students, some students may play games or surfing web pages and may not focus on their studies
- Lost in cyberspace : People may waste their time on surfing unnecessary information on internet and may not focus on important issues.
- Non Interactive : Multimedia may be less interactive. Teachers teaching students may be more interactive compared to videos or internet teaching students
- Text intensive content : Lot of information is available on internet so it takes time find out the information which is needed.
- Time consuming : Effective multimedia content takes time while creation.
- Too unrealistic : Large files such as audio or video effects , the time multimedia takes to load your presentation.
|Multimedia Pros||Multimedia Cons|
|More appealing||Misuse of Multimedia|
|Improves Communication||Lost in cyberspace|
|Easy to use||Non Interactive|
|User Friendly||Time Consuming|
|Cost Effective||Too Unrealistic|
|Quality Content||Text Intensive Content|
Incoming Search Terms
- what are the advantages and disadvantages of multimedia
- what are the advantages of multimedia
- What are the disadvantages of multimedia
- What are the pros and cons of multimedia
- Points on advantages and disadvantages of multimedia
- Multimedia advantages and disadvantages