Some of the Advantages and Disadvantages of Boarding School are listed below. So let us check it out some information on advantages and disadvantages to know more about boarding school. Boarding school provides education to students who live on the premises which is exaclty opposite of day school. Sending child to a boarding school is a big decision, so find out some pros and cons listed below.
Advantages of Boarding School :
- More personal attention to students can be seen in boarding school.
- In boarding school better social experience can be observed.
- In boarding school it becomes easy for international students to assimilate.
- Students learn to be responsible in boarding school.
- Boarding school usually hire highly trained and qualified teachers who teaches and take care of students.
- Various extra activities can be carried out in boarding schools for personality development.
- Boarding school uniquely prepared for university life.
- More rigorous course selection in boarding school.
- Greater chances to attend top colleges or universities after boarding school.
- Boarding school helps you to become a better person and teaches to respect others.
- Boarding school teaches leadership skills and discipline.
- Boarding school make students independent people and teaches how to compete to achieve goals.
- Quality education is possible in boarding schools.
Disadvantages of Boarding School :
- Boarding school may not be right choice for young students.
- Boarding schools are usually expensive compared to other schools nearby.
- Lack of parent involvement in boarding school.
- Sometimes students gets frustrated and may start consuming alcohol or drugs.
School types according to style of education : Adult education, Alternative school, Boading school, Day school, Home School and so on. Boarding scholl has all the basic facilites such as lodging, providing meals, sports, education and other basic requirements.