The types of water transport are discussed below. So let us check it out to know more about water transport.
- Water transport is divided into two major categories: Inland water transport and Ocean water transportation. Check Advantages & Disadvantages of water transport for additional information.
- Inland water transport is further divided into river water transport, lakes water transport and transport through canals.
- Boats and steamers are used during inland water transport.
- Overseas water transport is divided into : Coastal shipping and overseas shipping.
- Coastal shipping is generally used for passengers transport and for cargo transport.
- Overseas shipping is used for transportation of liners, tramps and tankers.
- Liners in overseas shipping is used for tranportation of passengers and cargo.