Information on "The Difference Between Mass and Weight". Some point are explained below about the difference between mass and weight to know more about it.
- Mass can be defined as quantity of matter contained in the body.
- Mass of the body cannot be changed with the change in the location or position , it remains constant at any time and any place.
- Mass can never be zero
- Mass is usually denoted my m or M
- Weight can be considere as the measurement of the gravitational force acting on the object or the body.
- We can say the weight is the force by which the earth attracts an object or the body towards its centre.
- Weight is not constant , it keeps changes with the change in the location or position. Weight changed due to gravity.
- Weight can be zero if no gravity is acting on it.
- Weight W is denoted by : W = m * g where m means mass and g means gravity.