Definition of Hardware and Software: The computer System is consist two major elements - Hardware and Software - to carry out assigned task.
Hardware and Software can be defined as:
- Hardware can be defined as devices that are required to store and execute the software.
- Software can be defines as collections of instructions of functions that enables the user to interact with the computer.
- Input device, Output Device, Storage Device, Processing Device and Control Device are the tyeps of Hardware.
- System Software and Programming software are the types of Software.
- Monitor, Printer, Scanner are the examples of Hardware.
- Microsoft Word, Microsoft Office , Acrobat reader are the examples of Software.
- The functioning of hardware starts only after software is loaded.
- Software is installed into the hardware to deliver set of instructions.
- We can touch hardware, it is physical in nature.
- We cannot touch software, it is intangible and logical in nature.