Recycling is a process of waste management in which waste materials of plastic, paper, metal, aluminium, glass etc., are collected and are used to make new products. Recycling helps to protect the environment and saves energy and resources. You may also like Advantages & Disadvantages of recycling. So check it out few more information on it.
Benefits of Recycling
- Recycling saves resources, In this process the used materials are utilized to make new products hence reduces the consumption of natural resources.
- Recyclable products are sent to make new products or materials, hence the garbage or rubbish sent to incinerators is reduced.
- The amount garbage sent to landfill is reduced
- Less resources are utilized during manufacturing of new products by recycling as a result it saves energy.
- It reduces the emission of greenhouse gas as a result recycling protects the enironement.
- Recycling also saves money as the manufacturing cost of raw materials is reduced.
Important steps during recycling process
- Collection of recyclable materials
- Processing of materials
- Manufacturing of new products or materials
- Purchasing of new products make from recycling.