Gas Chromatography is useful in Forensics, so let us check it out some of the applications in forensics. Uses of GC are as follows:
- Gas Chromatography is used in determination of blood alcohol content in the body.
- Blood alcohol analysis test is used by law enforcement to determine if a driver was unlawfully driving or operating a vehicle.
- Certain drugs are prohibited in certain states, so in order to check whether person has taken drugs in the body Gas chromatography is used.
- Gas chromatography is used to test samples found at crime scene.
- GC is used to identify which fluids and chemicals are present in the body.
- Testing of blood and fibre at the crime scene by GC.