Gas Chromatography Applications - There are various applications of gas chromatography (GC) which are discussed here so let us check it out one by one which are as follows:
- Gas chromatography (GC) in Food analysis.
- Forensic investigation.
- Gas chromatography in Environmental monitoring.
- GC in Biomedical, Biochemical and Clinical analysis.
- Phamaceutical analysis.
- Gas chromatography used in determination and identification of fatty acids.
- Determination of drugs in body fluids such as urine, serum, plasma etc.
- Analysis of alcoholic beverages.
- GC is also used in determination of steroids.
- Analysis of various solvents.
- Analysis of different ogranic functional groups.
- Gas chromatography is also useful in isolation and identification of volatile oils, proteins, lipids, carbohydrates, colourants, plant extracts etc.
- Gas chromatography is also useful in analysis of cosmetics, fertilizers, perfumes, petroleum products and food products.
- GC is also used in analysis of dairy products such as cheese, butter , milk etc.