Some of the Advantages and Disadvantages of Web 2.0 are discussed below. So let us check it out some of the advantages and disadvantages to know more about Web 2.0 which are discussed one by one:
Web 2.0 can be described as second generation of world wide web, it is focused on ability to share information online.
Advantages of Web 2.0 are:
- Web 2.0 provides large varieties of information just in one click.
- Ability to search data and information appeared recently.
- Web 2.0 is easy to handle.
- Great varieties of entries is available on the internet.
- Easy to search information in various languages.
- Allows people to participate in discussion and forums to share their views and ideas,
- Social media sites to share things happening around the world.
- Web 2.0 allows people to complete and correct wrong information.
- Easy and fast method to communicate with people via email and other services.
- Ability to share files or documents with friends and family.
- Easy and cheap method to promote your business online.
- Opportunity to stay in touch with many people by web 2.0
- Opportunity to know different people staying around the world.
- Easy to share lots of information simply sitting at home.
- Good quality of images and video can also be shared.
Disadvantages of Web 2.0 are:
- Sometimes results shown are different from what is asked.
- Sometimes Translation of results is not of good quality.
- Sometimes It takes too long to get answer to what is asked.
- Risk of getting wrong information.
- Not able to contact people if you dont know the email address or website address.
- Risk of Spamming , Fraud and Virus attack.
- Sometimes Lack of privacy.