Plastic Recycling: It is very important to recycle plastic to save consumption of energy and natural resources. Different types of plastic products or plastic materials such as plastic bags, plastic bottles are used daily which affects environment. There are various beneftis of recycling plastic along with some drawbacks of recycled plastic. Other related articles on Advantages And Disadvantages Of Recycling are also available
Advantages of Plastic Recycling
- Recycling plastic helps to reduces the consumption of energy and the natural resources such as water, petroleum and natural gas.
- Plastic recycling also saves landfill space by reducing large amount of solid waste going to landfill.
- Plastic recycling is easy and cheaper method of waste management.
- Plastic bottles, plastic bags, plastic waste and other plastic materials can be recycled.
- Recycling also helps to reduce bad effects of plastic waste.
- Recycling also helps to prevent pollution problems of plastic into the environment.
- Plastic is recycled for both economic and environmental benefits.
- Plastic waste such as plastic bags, plastic materials and other plastic products are consumed by animals. Due to injestion of plastic large number of animals die every year. Recycling helps to save life of animals.
- Recycling of plastic also reduces emission of greenhouse gas.
Disadvantages of Plastic Recycling
- The quality of recycled plastic is inferior compared to original plastic product.
- Volatile Orgainc Compounds (VOCs) are generated during melting of plastic at the time or recycling.
- Volatile Organic Compounds produced are harmful to environment.
- Health of person is affected when he comes in contact with VOCs during recycling process.
- Atmosphere is affected during trasportation of plastic garbage.