Some of the Advantages and Disadvantages of Fossil Fuels are discussed below. So let us check it out some of the advantages and disadvantages to know more about Fossil Fuels which are discussed one by one:
Advantages of Fossil Fuels are:
- Fossil fuel can be easily stored and transported form one place to another.
- Fossil Fuel sources such as coal , natural gas and petroleum helps to generate electrcity.
- Today we can say that the fossil fuel are the major source of energy used by the world.
- Fossil fuels are easily available .
- Easy to set up power station or power plant to generate energy from fossil fuels.
- These fossil fuels are highly stable compared to other sources or substances.
- They are cheaper than other non-conventional forms of energy.
Disadvantages of Fossil Fuels are:
- Fossil fuels when burnt generates carbon dioxide, nitrogen dioxide and other gases which affects natural habitat.
- Environmental pollution due to gas generated from vehicles and coal power stations.
- It is the non renewable source of enery so we need to use fossil fuels wisely.
- More space is required to set up power plant to generate enery using fossil fuels, as a result the aquatic and wildlife is affected.
- Coal mining is difficult and also dangerous task, health of humans is affected during this process.
- Prices of fossil fuels are rising day by day.
- Fossil fuels liberates carbon when burnt hence they contribute to global warming.