Advantages and Disadvantages of Affinity Chromatography - Check out more information of advantages and disadvantages of affinity chromatography to know more about chromatography.
Some of the Advantages of Affinity Chromatography are:
- Affinity Chromatography is used to study enzymes and other proteins.
- Affinity chromatography is used in genetic engineering.
- Also used during production of vaccines.
- Protein or Enzyme purification by affinity chromatography.
- Very high degree of purity can be seen with affinity chromatography.
- High specificity with affinity chromatography.
Some of the Disadvantages of Affinity Chromatography are:
- Ligands used in affinity chromatography are expensive.
- Leakage of ligands is also observed sometimes.
- Low productivity with affinity chromatography.
- Non-specific adsorption in affinity chromatography.