Some of the Advantages and Disadvantages of Geothermal Energy are discussed below. So let us check it out some of the advantages and disadvantages to know more about Geothermal Energy which are discussed one by one:
Advantages of Geothermal Energy are:
- Geothermal Energy is cheaper compared to other source of energy.
- Geothermal energy is free and comes from the earth
- Geothermal power stations are smaller compared to other power plants.
- Geothermal energy is a types of renewable energy.
- It's a clean source of energy.
- Geothermal energy does not produce greenhouse gases.
- The use of fossil fuels such as coal ,natural gas and petroleum can be decreased by the use of geothermal energy.
Disadvantages of Geothermal Energy are:
- Geothermal energy is not available in all areas.
- There are very less places where we can build geothermal power stations.
- Sometimes harmful gases may comes out from the ground below when drilling.
- Construction of geothermal power station is expensive.
- High installation and transportation cost of geothermal energy.