Some of the Advantages and Disadvantages of Renewable Energy are discussed below. So let us check it out some of the advantages and disadvantages to know more about Renewable Energy which are discussed one by one:
Some of the Advantages of Renewable Energy are:
- Continuous generation of of energy or electricity is possible using renewable sources.
- Most of the renewable sources are available and and are fairly non-polluting.
- Renewable sources reduces consumption of fossil fuels such as coal and petroleum for generation of electricity.
- Renewable energy also reduces production of greenhouse gases.
- Renewable energy is reliable, sustainable and will never run out.
- Renewable energy produces less or no waste products during electricity generation compared to fossil fuels.
- Wind energy, Solar energy, Tidal energy are the types of renewable energy.
- Renewable energy is cheaper compared to other sources of generated energy.
Some of the Disadvantages of Renewable Energy are:
- Difficult to generate electricity in large amount compared to those produced by coal power plants.
- Cost of construction of power plants which uses renewable source to generate energy is high.
- Solar energy cannot be generated during monsoon or in dense forest region.
- Large amount of solar panel and wind farms are required to generate energy in more amount.
- Renewable source of energy depends upon the weather (Rain, Wind and Sunshine).